Collection: Skincare For Surfers, SUP, & Beach Bunnies
Sunshine, palm trees, toes in the sand, and cool salt water to swim in make for a great time in coastal areas, but this environment does take a toll on your skin. Below are a few tips you may find helpful for maintaining great skin with your fun in the sun lifestyle! We suggest a basic regimen in the morning cleansing, then lock in moisture with a thin layer of IS Clinical Moisturizing Complex followed by a layer of Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 PA+++. In the PM focus on a cleanse to remove any salt water and replenishing the skin. Our Esthetician suggests the IS Clinical Hydra-Cool Serum with hyaluronic acid layered below the IS Clinical Moisturizing complex with jojoba seed oil. Consider using an active such as retinol only every other night, or only using an active during the colder months of the year when you aren't having as much sun exposure.
Pro Tips For Surfers, SUPers, & Beach Bunnies:
- Protection with sunscreen prior to beginning your day outdoors, and applying often throughout the day if needed is key to preventing what is known as photo damage. Photo damage is the primary cause of premature aging and the leading cause of skin cancer.
- Wear a waterproof sunscreen with SPF on the facial area, and reapply as needed throughout the day. Consider extra sun protection from a brimmed hat, ball cap, or visor.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day by drinking plenty of fluids, and even consider incorporating fruits and vegetables high in water content to your diet.
- Exfoliate. Remove dull, dead skin in the evening by exfoliating no more than a few times a week to avoid flaking skin. After showering, apply lotion to the entire body to replenish moisture. Avoid over use of AHA's and skincare with actives such as glycolic acid, retinol, or salicylic acid while spending ample time in the sun.
- Moisturize nightly. Maintain a strong skincare regimen at night with a hydrating serum and moisturizer.