8 Tips For Sustainable Beauty:
- Use skincare products that are from companies that practice cruelty-free skincare, with formulas that are also vegan and sourcing ingredients from eco-friendly and complaint resources.
- Learn Face Yoga! Face Yoga provides an alternative to reducing the signs of aging while also creating more symmetry in the facial features while also being highly sustainable and budget friendly. Starting in May 2023 Derm Planet will offer Virtual Face Yoga Classes and also Personal Training For The Face. Sign up on our website to get started on learning this highly relaxing self care practice while also creating a sustainable skincare habit in your life.
- Order more skincare items on a less frequent basis. This saves fuel and energy costs for packaging and delivery, which also equal lower emissions. Consider the Derm Planet 12 Month Skincare Kit provides ALL the skincare you need for an entire year in just two shipments for one low price.
- Recycle all recyclable skincare and cosmetics packaging, no matter how small it may seem including jars, tubs, lids, lipstick tubes, spray bottles, and mascara tubes.
- Consider using primarily reusable cotton rounds and makeup remover pads, and only use disposable cotton as needed.
- Consider avoiding the frequent use of disposable makeup wipes which are drying to the skin and also cause waste after every use. But hey, it never hurts to keep some high quality makeup remover wipes to use when camping, traveling, or in case of emergency.
- Use a Soda Stream when making sparking water and mocktails. Use natural flavoring for the sparkling water straight from the source such as freshly chopped lemons, limes, or mint leaves in your water instead of adding flavorings. This natural source for flavored sparking water is not only better for your body, but also saves many aluminum cans, and is also cost effective!
- Source your filtered water from an at home filter, and use bottled water only when needed. Use a reusable water bottle to cut down on plastic bottle waste. This saves many plastic bottles and will also is cost effective.
- Book your skincare services with providers that are environmentally conscious with their practices. For example some spas take the time to use safe reusable and disinfectable dishes for masks, etc. while other spas may use disposable cups that cause much waste on a daily basis just for the sake of convenience. If you are in the Los Angeles area, I suggest the Starshine Spa which is our sister company offering in person skincare that is sustainable.